visual dBASE Runtime error!!!

hi there, im new on the forum and looking for help.
    i have a 3rd party software ultra gms that i use at the workshop for invoicing and so on. now ive had an old pc but finally got a high spec dell from the net. i install the program onto the new pc but when i go to run it.. it says visual dBASE Runtime error!!! needs to close.
    i deperately need to get this runnning as i have 1000s worth of invoicing i need to access, im desperate. please help. the people i got the software from just say " we are aware of this prob happening on some XP machines but dont know what do to"

id appreciate anyone giving me any guidance
    thanks

What IS the runtime error?
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert

hi thanks for your interest in this problem.
    the error is VISUAL DBASE RUNTIME ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE. thats the message i get. now i have installed the same prog on win98 and win2000. the manufacturer claims its xp compatible as well but some XPs have had that problem. he doesnt know the solution. i think its something with xp.. maybe needs a patch or someting like dat. im not great with computers so your help is appreciated