Thread: 2 Oracle Homes?

Red face Unanswered: 2 Oracle Homes?

Hello,
    I currently have Oracle Forms\reports installed on my c-drive. I want to install a newer version of this software on my computer on my d-drive (logical drive). However, when installing the new software, I am warned that if the Oracle home becomes D\ORANT, the older version will not work. Is there some way can get the 2 versions to co-exist on my computer?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 4
    Sure; simply install newer version into different folder (which will then be a "home" of the newer version). During install, specify this new home when prompted (for example, "D:\ora10g")

2 Oracle Homes?

Littlefoot,
    Are you sure about that? Because when I do that I still get the following message...

"The Oracle installer has detected that you already have an eisting Oracle Home, C:\ORANT. Selecting a differenthoe will disable your currently installed Oracle Products..."

Provided Answers: 4
    Well, as I've got Oracle Developer 6i, 9i and 10g on one PC, I'm pretty sure it can be done.

Read this excerpt from the Managing Oracle Homes document: "You can have multiple versions of the same product or different products running from different Oracle homes concurrently. Products installed in one home will not conflict or interact with products installed in another home."

Check the rest of the document too.

2 Oracle Homes?

Ok, I will give it a try and read the recommended documentation. Thanks you your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

TM