Unanswered: Splitting a report or loop a query?

Hi, I hope you may be able to help a coding novice.

I have a fairly simple db which extracts data to a report via a query, my problem is the report is three pages per record set and a total of 3000 sets. When I send the report to our printer/copier for stapling, Access and the printer think it's one job and treats the report as one document instead of 3000 sets of three pages, and tries to staple the whole job together. I think I need to loop through the query data and send it through the report one at a time. I also believe I need to have an autonumber field in the query for reference, which I am not sure how to create.

I need to keep it within Access because the report contains graphics which get lost when exporting. Page breaks don't work as the report is still one big document.

My experience with coding stops with creating a new module, so any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks, Slotz

Provided Answers: 1
    Yes, you need to split the report. the printer has no concept of a "record". If you want 3000 seperate documents, you have to send it as 3000 seperate documents. Unless of course you have a first-rate printer that is smart enough to let you specify a staple every "x" pages.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks, have you any idea of the best way to go about doing this?

Provided Answers: 1
    Depends on how you're telling access to print. If you're using the PrintOut method, you can specify the number of copies:
    Code:
    expression.PrintOut(PrintRange, PageFrom, PageTo, PrintQuality, Copies, CollateCopies)
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***