Unanswered: export and code page question

db2 v8 FP9

i have a question with export and code page.

Example, my database is in code page 1208 (utf-8) and aix in code page 819

db2 "export to emp.del of del select * from employe"
    ==> in this case the file exported will be in code page 819 (aix's code page)

db2 "export to emp2.del of del modified by CODEPAGE=1208 select * from employe"
    ==> with the modifier codepage=1208, the file exported will be in code page 1208

In this ibm's link

In the section
    Code page considerations when using EXPORT

I found this sentence :
    If the CODEPAGE modifier is present in the EXPORT command, DB2 will convert the data from the database code page to the current system code page, and then from the current system code page to the code page specified by the CODEPAGE modifier.

So in my last example, if i understand this sentence, db2 ll concert the data from the db code page (1208) to current sys code page (819) and after from the current sys code page (819) to the code specified (1208).
    So during my first conversion (1208 to 819), i can lose some characters, no ?

we had a similar problem on solaris and exporting lob data that was not correctly translated.
    we had to set the environment variable LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
    I don't know if this applies to aix also but check if any other setting could help for aix.
    on solaris it has todo with the command : locale -a that will display the available character sets for translation.
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified