Thread: SQL Cluster

Unanswered: SQL Cluster

i'm trying to rearrange the file locations of the mdf, ndf, ldf in a clustered environment (Active/Passive mode). If i changed the file location on the active mode would it propogate to the passive cluster automatically

Quote Originally Posted by jcwc888
    i'm trying to rearrange the file locations of the mdf, ndf, ldf in a clustered environment (Active/Passive mode). If i changed the file location on the active mode would it propogate to the passive cluster automatically
    Assuming that the passive node has access to the same volumes (with the same drive letters) as the primary node, then moving any ldf, ndf and mdf files (which are used by the clustered SQL instance) should not present any problems.

As a side note, the only way that the passive node should NOT have access to the same volumes would be if you added a physical disk to the cluster (without also adding it as a clustered resource).

Bear in mind that non-shared volumes are not eligible to store data for the shared instance (SQL should not even recognize these, so it shouldn't be a problem).

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?