Angry Unanswered: procedure for database clustering in sybase 12..5.2 on win2003

Please can anybody provide me procedure for database clustering in sybase12.5.

I have to inplement in on live.

Regards
    Bala

Is this for Sybase HA? or just Windows based clustering(ACTIVE-PASSIVE)?

Sybase HA only provides ACTIVE-ACTIVE support on Windows 2003 and the procedures are available in the High Availability Guide. There is an example for Microsoft Cluster configuration and setup.

Re

Hi willy ,

I am doing clustering for 1st time.The concept i know about cluster is as follows:

There are two M/c which are the nodes.The two nodes share a single HDD.
    The Cluster administrator is installed on both nodes which control the downtime is any of nodes goes down.
    Now this cluster administrator is tool which is main part in clustering.Now
    how do get cluster administrator & what are step.As the setup is to be implemented on live it has to be Active - active support.

i HAVE A LIVE DATABASE ON sYBASE 12.5 & I HAVE TO BUILT CLUSTER TO PREVENT ANY DOWN TIME.WHAT HAS TO BE DONE IN THAT CASE ?

wHAT IS Syabse HA ????/

Regards
    Bala

re

Hi willy ,

I am doing clustering for 1st time.The concept i know about cluster is as follows:

There are two M/c which are the nodes.The two nodes share a single HDD.
    The Cluster administrator is installed on both nodes which control the downtime is any of nodes goes down.
    Now this cluster administrator is tool which is main part in clustering.Now
    how do get cluster administrator & what are step.As the setup is to be implemented on live it has to be Active - active support.

i HAVE A LIVE DATABASE ON sYBASE 12.5 & I HAVE TO BUILT CLUSTER TO PREVENT ANY DOWN TIME.WHAT HAS TO BE DONE IN THAT CASE ?

wHAT IS Syabse HA ????/

Regards
    Bala

Sybase HA is the componenet from Sybase that interacts with the cluster subsystem to facilitate the failover in an ACTIVE-ACTIVE setup.

There are some very good docs listed on the Sybase site that demonstrate the inner workings of the HA agents.