Unanswered: tbtape archive to disk

I am using Informix 5, and the database was archiving to DDS 2 tapes. An operator would switch the tapes when the archive needed a new tape. But now I am trying to archive to disk. How would I get around the tape asking question when doing a full backup. Is there a script file that is out there that I can use. I am in desperate need of this procedure because the company is going in a different direction.

When the process will ask you for a new tape move the current backup file to a new name and touch the file to create it and then hit enter.

Also I'm pretty sure that there was a discussion about this a few months back. Search the threads

Hi,
    Please, test if change LTAPEBLK=1024 or 2048, next run ontape.

Gustavo.

tbtape archive to disk

Gustav, I changed the parameter that you asked me to and it still stops at 512MB, and ask me for another tape. Is there a script file available that does the archiving to disk and answers the "Mount next tape question." Thanks for your response.

Don

There is a script that can be downloaded from iiug.org download page.

tbtape archive to disk

Blackguard, is there any particular document that has this script because there are a lot of documents there.

Go here, check the auto_ontape script.

http://www.iiug.org/software/index_DBA.html

ontape

If you are archiving the database using ontape, it uses the values of TAPESIZE and TAPEBLK. Simply put TAPEBLK is the blocking size but TAPESIZE indicates the capacity of the backup device. It sounds to me like:
    1.You have TAPESIZE set to 512000 so increase it to a size larger than your archive needs to be
    or...
    2. You are running out of disk space (although 512Kb is a nice round number)
    or...
    3. There is a quota set in the OS that restricts user file sizes to 512Kb