Unanswered: Text in Memo Field Too Large for Report Page

This has been discussed on the forum but I have not seen a workable solution yet. My Access report has 6 columns and the 6th is a memo field. I observed that the memo field works correctly until I add text to it that would spill over to the next page. When the text reaches that size, the report hangs. I tried changing the detail section Force New Page from "none" to "After Section", but that causes every record to be on a new page. This is not a good thing because of wasted page space. One solution would be to widen the memo field by going from portrait to landscape.

I would like to know if there is a way around going to landscape or telling the users to "keep the comments short".

Thanks.
    Jerry

You could try this. Go to design report. In the properties of the memo field,change 'Can Grow' to yes. See if that helps.

David

I was able to solve the Access problem of memo fields hanging a report when the text for a record takes up more than one page.

My solution: in report designer, click on Detail, set Keep Together to "No".

Trial and error did it again!
    Jerry