Unanswered: Simplifying characters for comparison

I'm currently working on a series of comparison queries, between data from different countries.

The bad thing about this is, that many countries use special symbols such as ^ ~ ` which basically means I have a tough time making the query effecient.

How would I work about converting Jii to Jini, so I can compare properly. Is there any way at all?

Thanks in advance,

Trin
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....

For the easy reader, I can state that I've had a few looks at Soundex, but can't see how to use it in this context.

What I need is someway to reformat the the text 'Jii' to 'Jini' and was hoping that a function could do this...
    IT squid: networks, servers, firewalls, routers and I dabble a little with SQL-server and Access as well....

Hi,

Have you tried the COLLATE statement? In a comparison you can convert the string you are comparing to a AI (accent insensitive) characterset.

See the BOL for the syntax.

Grtz, Lex

Sounds like a wicked plan, thanks!