Question Unanswered: dba interview tech question

i need some help. im going back for second interview for dba job and l am been told that there's going to be a test. Not writing but just task to perform. what should i expect? i want to be ready?
    thanks for hint

Quote Originally Posted by densma
    i need some help. im going back for second interview for dba job and l am been told that there's going to be a test. Not writing but just task to perform. what should i expect? i want to be ready?
    thanks for hint
    I'm not sure that there's much to tell you at this point that would be of significant value this late in the game.

1. Be yourself.

2. Draw from your experiences of what has worked well in the past.

3. Be prepared to justify your answers (some of the best questions have more than one "right" answer; the best answer is the one that you can justify based on your knowledge and the circumstances outlined in the exam).

4. Prioritize your review based on what the job position is: are you going to be an "administrator" (backups, recovery, performance tuning, configuration and security). Or are they hiring a "developer" (stored procedures, data modeling, referential integrity and security). The two roles are not mutually exclusive (and some companies can only afford to hire one person for both roles), but you should be able to glean where your priorities lie (for review) from the job posting.

I certainly don't mean to be disrespectful in any way; I sincerely hope that you perform well on the test and that you get the job (if it's really the job you want). That being said, part of the exam is to determine if you're a good fit for the organization; you won't necessarily know that for certain if you "bone up" or "cram" just for this.

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

i applied for this job 5 months ago and went to first interview a month ago. They told me it's more dba and reporting. They were still in the process of importing data to sql from another application. i dont have the job description anymore but i just want to be more ready

Re

Try that site,it may help u.Best wishes

http://www.dyessconsulting.com/E-Boo...Book/home.html

and

http://www.transactsql.com/html/home.html

thanks to Randy Dyess for the Article.
    Last edited by mallier; 11-03-05 at 11:16.