Unanswered: Access auto Load to pdf input form

Is there a way that I can take A2K3 data and automatically update a pdf input form on a field by field basis? Don't know a lot about pdf input forms, but I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.
    thanks,

Winston

Short of purchasing Acrobat Professional (which is very expensive), you could try using "SendKeys".

tc

Thank you... the $ don't bother me... One last question. Is it a major task or fairly straight forward. I want to take the data on an Access Form (or query) and populate specific fields on the Adobe pdf with specific fields from Access. Over and above the learning curve for Acrobat, how much effort to move say 50 fields from Access to the pdf, then save the pdf to a folder... Can I do it mostly in vba? My vba skills are fairly senior.
    thanks,
    Winston

Is it a major task or fairly straight forward
    Well, there's a loaded question!!!! I have not personally automated Acrobat - I intended to, and that's when I discovered you need Profressional versus Standard (Standard does not open itself to automation).

I did not pursue it further because my client opted for using Microsoft Snapshot instead.

Using Word though automation for this type of task is not too bad - providing it is setup carefully to start with. Doing things like making sure the field names match the corresponding bookmark names will go a long way - then you can just use a loop to rifle through the fields collection (this technique has the advantage of being flexible - you can add or remove fields from both the form and the destination object and not have to change the code).

Speaking of Word - can you make the form in Word, populate it and then print it to PDF?
    have fun!

Todd S.
    click to email

Independent Development Consultant
    Biz db & reports - SQL, Access, Crystal, Seradex and more
    Small, custom, unique programs - Office, VBA, .NET

Sadly, there was no error number to look up ...

Of course!... create the form in Word, do a mail merge and then print to Acrobat format. Much easier and no learning curve for Acrobat. Can all be automated in vba.
    thanks,

Winston

Can all be automated in vba
    I believe so - that would probably be the single most common task requiring Word and Access to wrok together, so I would be very suprised if it can not be automated.

tc
    have fun!

Todd S.
    click to email

Independent Development Consultant
    Biz db & reports - SQL, Access, Crystal, Seradex and more
    Small, custom, unique programs - Office, VBA, .NET

Sadly, there was no error number to look up ...

Mail merges are not a problem in vba... Do it all the time. Only usual wrinkle is the data sources getting lost (go thank Bill G for that)...
    regarding the base issue I am trying to solve...
    Can even get a pdf to Word converter to create the complex pdf docs. Much easier approach... thanks again for the brain wave... mine must have been brain dead.

Winston