Unanswered: Korean + Chinese + English via ODBC to ASP.NET
I am using MySQL 4.1 with IIS 6.0 (under English Windows 2003) via ODBC (v3.51).
- There are data in English, Korean and Chinese.
- The default server character set is UTF8.
- The database character set for Chinese data is big5.
- The database character set for Korean is euckr.
- The data are accessed using ASP.NET and ADO.NET.
- If I set Windows 2003 default language for non-unicode (from Control Panel - Regional/Location) as English, both Korean and Chinese data becomes garbages.
- If I set default language for non-unicode program as Chinese (Big-5), only Chinese and English data are viewable.
- If I set default language for non-unicode program as Korean, only Korean and English data are viewable.
- I tried to "set names big5" and "set names euckr", but it made no difference.
The same problem occurred if I use WinSQL 4.5 to view the data through ODBC.
Is there any way I can view all data (not necessary on the same page) without changing the windows locale everytime?