Unanswered: DB2 Load util - Questions

hi everybody,
    i have some questions about DB2 Load utility. reading SC09-4830 i didn't find answers, so these are questions:

1. Can Load parse positional records with different structures from the same source file?
    2. Is Load able to accept a dictionary (such an XML b.e.) for the structure description of records contained in the source file?
    3. If the 2 answer is true, how complex could it be? Trying to be more specific: the record type B assumes different structures according to the value of a certain field of record type A.
    4. Should the source be a table?

loadp

1. method l (xx yy
    will allow to specify file positions
    2. never seen this before
    probably a program needed for this kind of operation..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    DB2/ORA/SQL Services
    DB2 DBA & Advanced DBA Certified
    DB2 Dprop Certified
    http://users.skynet.be/przytula/dbss.html

i found documentation about "method L" (SC09-4830-01, page 70, Example 4) but i don't figure myself how to make it working for different structured records in the same file: in the example ASCFILE1 contains records with the same structure, so in method L you can specify only one map. the problem is when you have multiple maps inside the same file...

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmesturini
    1. Can Load parse positional records with different structures from the same source file?
    No, but you can grep the input file to separate it into chunks with consistent structure.

2. Is Load able to accept a dictionary (such an XML b.e.) for the structure description of records contained in the source file?
    No. IBM's Websphere Commerce ships with a utility that does that but it won't be fast enough for you I'm afraid.

thank you once again. i'm already working on a splitter that will create files with consistent structure.

thank you