Exclamation Unanswered: Open a Form from another database

Is there a way that I can open a form from another database?
    Only thing is, I can not use VB code (company policy, don't ask me why)

Appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. blonde
    Is there a way that I can open a form from another database?
    Only thing is, I can not use VB code (company policy, don't ask me why)
    Yes....
    and then no.

If you don't use code then you can't have an Access GUI. If you have an access GUI that opens other objects (forms, reports, queries) or have a close button (and if you don't why do you have forms at all?) then you are breaking their company rules - this is all achieved via the malevolent force of VB.

If they don't want to use code then they could see if they could buy a magic computer that does everything you want it to do as you think of it. I believe you can get them at quite a good price here.

I think you have mentioned this policy before and I think I said then that you have the worlds easiest development job - just about everything they ask for can be responded to with "it's against compay policy - sorry".
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Lol

Trust me, I didn't say it was a smart policy, just that it is what they have said. I have forms and macro's and etc... which are all vb driven anyway, but I guess the fear is that we would write malicious code or something.

Do you know a way that I can do this via a macro as opposed to physically typing in code?

Provided Answers: 1
    Sure, write the code, then create a macro referencing RunCode. Like they'd know the difference...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Talking i figured it out without....

I am just going to build a macro in the database that I want to open that particular form, then create a hyperlink to that macro.

Seems to work.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mr. blonde
    I am just going to build a macro in the database that I want to open that particular form, then create a hyperlink to that macro.

Seems to work.
    You should try asking your company then, IF you can't use VB CODE, how do they actually expect it to work? Is it because THEY won't be able to check to see how everything is, being as THEY don't understand VBA? If You are writing the code, why are they leary of you writing malicious code? They underpaying you and think you'll get them back or something?? lol Like stated before, code it anyway, how will they know, if they are not programmers. And if so, tell them to do it.

have a nice one,
    BUD