Question Unanswered: Combining query results in a combo box

I have a table that list 6 different items that can be returned by customers. Each one has a part#, description, etc. When the parts are returned to the vendor the vendor's name is entered for each part being returned from that customer.
    The table has fields for part number, description, fault, etc. for each part, up to a quantity of six. I want to take the information in the following fields "Vendor_1, Vendor_2, Vendor_3, Vendor_4, Vendor_5 & Vendor_6", combine the data and propagate a combobox. That all works fine but if I have the same vendor name in Vendor_1 in one record and again in Vendor_2 in another record, it displays them both.

Is there some way to combine all the data and then gather only the distinct vendor names into the combobox?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Provided Answers: 1
    Yup, change your back end.

You should have a table for vendors, then a table for for CustomerVendors. You are going to run into a ludicrous amount of unnecessary headaches unless you do this.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Thanks but . . .

I understand what you are saying and I agree but we have many, many vendors and I only want those vendor that have had returned product listed in the report combobox. It will also act as a check showing who has had returns and who hasn't.

The combo boxes within the entry form should be done that way but I don't want the people trying to generate a report to have to run a report just to find out that the vendor they are looking for has never had a return.

There are a possible 6 Items on each return form and it is possible that item 1 and item 3 returned from the customer, have the same vendor. This will cause the combo box to list their name twice and that is what I don't want. I hope I've explained my problem better?

But maybe your suggestion will be the same?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    Yes. It would.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***