Thread: Lookup

Unanswered: Lookup

I have a form with a bunch of fields. Now one field i would like to check against my mysql tbale to see if it esists, if it does submitt the form if it dosent display an error alert window? Now the code below dosent work for me. it seems to skip over this code. i think becuas ei dont know how to grab the vaule of the text box on my form in PHP im using $_POST

[php]
    <?
    $conn = mysql_connect("localhost","root","");
    mysql_select_db("ehpadmin",$conn);
    $name = $_GET['Dcode'];
    $listing_query= "select DX_CODE from DXCODE where DX_CODE = '$name' ";
    $listing_result = mysql_query($listing_query) or die("Error in return query<br>".mysql_error());
    $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($listing_result);
    if ($num_rows == 0)
    {
    echo("<script language=javascript>
    <!--
    alert(\"Please enter a vaild Dx Code.\");
    document.registerForm.Dcode.focus();
    return ;
    //-->
    </script>");
    }
    ?>
    thanks

pete

You say you are using POST but your code is using GET. I suspect your problem may be there. If your form is set for POST then you need to change $_GET to $_POST.

ok

sorry about that. my form is set to post. im trying to take whats inside my text box and check the vaule and see if its in my colum in my database? if it is submit the form if its not then alert box?

much help thanks

Do you have any idea where the problem is occurring? echo the query and numrows to make sure they are returning what you are expecting. Also, try doing a print_r($_GET) to see all of those variables as well and make sure they are correct.