Unanswered: Can't view my subform on my form?

Hi
    I have added a subform to a form and when I click on view , I can not see it , it just shows the original form and no sub form? What am I doing wrong any ideas?
    Kind regards
    Melissa

It's hard to say Melissa without actually looking at the DB. It could be any number of things. My first guess would be that perhaps the SubForm Control is not referencing the proper SubForm. It could also be that perhaps there is an error within the links.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Cool

A friend explained to me that I needed to change the view from Datasheet to single form! This now shows up the other two forms! Thanks for your response

Provided Answers: 1
    Have you considered taking a tutorial or class? I notice you don't seem to have some of the extremely basic fundamentals yet. You'll probably get a lot out of it. a two month class took me from zero to "AHA!".

It's hard for us on the board to guess something like you using datasheet view on a form...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Yip, good idea!

Subforms

Another thing you could try is in vba, leave the Control Source of the subform blank and when the form opens or goes to a specific record or some other button is clicked/action done, set the Control Source to the Subform name. Or if you want to keep the Control Source bound on your main form, possibly leaving the RecordSource of the subform blank and setting the RecordSource of the subform at some time.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)