Unanswered: using the find Command

Hello again. This time i am trying to use the find command to lookup files that are older than 180days and then remove them. I am having trouble with it.

Here is what i have:

find /directory -atime +10?? -exec rm -f {} \;
    ?? not sure what to put there.

Provided Answers: 1
    May be "42"?

very cute.. No really its like i can not think or something

I know i want to use the find command followed by the directory path and i know that i want to execute the remove command but i can figure out how to check which files are 180 day old. File structure looks like example: tmp.20040904.log

Provided Answers: 1
    Is there a direct relationship between the file name and the modification time (mtime +180)?
    e.g. Can you create a file today with a file name of last week and than do you want to check on the date in the file name?
    If yes you’ll have to strip off the date from the filename
    Then do some date calculations
    or use the stripped filename as input to the touch command to sync the modification time with the filename before executing find.

find /directory -mtime +180 -exec rm -f {} \;

this will delete all files in the directoy older than 180 days is this your requirement?

Thanks for the replys when i read the definition for mtime it just did not seem to apply. I went ahead an did it one at a time.. I had to get it done then but it is nice to know what to do next time it happens.. Thanks for your responces as always every one here is very nice and always helpful. I only hope someday i will know enough to help others as well..