My client, a major investment bank, is currently seeking a strong Sybase developer to join their development efforts for their Advanced Trading Platform. Work will include writing stored procedures, triggers for highly complex applications and Perl Scripts. The ability to produce technical documentation and designs in an accurate fashion to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability is critical. You must also be familiar in providing post-implementation support and be able to develop future, iterative system releases.

-Operational management of RDG A2 replication plant.
-Good SQL development skills; must be able to write complex queries.
-Expert level abilities with performance tuning of queries in Sybase.
-Expert level with stored procedures, triggers, views, cursors, indexes etc.
-Experience with design work (i.e., logical design). (Basic knowledge of normalization)
-Strong skills and proven experience in writing perl script/Unix scripts to extract data from different systems. i.e. Oracle, Sybase etc.
-Strong knowledge with Unix scripting and Unix in general; proven effectiveness running/monitoring jobs in a Unix environment.
-Uses solid business knowledge to develop rapid proactive solutions for significant business issues. Clearly understands purposes, objectives, practices, and procedures of the department and business units
-Knowledge of Client-server concepts, (3 tier architecture concepts preferred)

Mike Parker -