iNET Interactive Acquired By Private Equity Group

Community Members:

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you that effective November 1, 2005, iNET Interactive was acquired by Stoddard Hill Capital, and Troy Augustine has succeeded me as the President and Chief Executive Office of iNET Interactive. More details surrounding this transaction can be found in the press release which can be found at http://www.hostingtech.com/?m=show&id=980.

We are excited about Troy’s desire to continue operating iNET in the fashion we have and know he will bring the energy and capital necessary to continue growing iNET Interactive in the years to come.

With this announcement the immediate questions that will undoubtedly be asked revolve around how this will impact this site, the community, and the advertisers. First, Troy and I want to assure you that he does not plan any immediate changes, and changes that do occur in the future will be discussed with community leaders and members in advance. Troy has agreed that he will continue with iNET’s stance on separating advertising from editorial, meaning that the admins and moderators will continue operating as they have in the past. He has also indicated he will continue iNET’s practice of not allowing intrusive pop-up and pop-under advertisements.

You should know that iNET plans to upgrade all of it’s vBulletin sites to the new 3.5 version in the near future. SwishTalk.com and WebHostingTalk.com have already been upgraded. The others will be done in the coming months.

Also, we want to state that the current iNET team continues to operate the company, under the new direction of Troy. While some members of the iNET team will eventually move on to work with other Aberration! Venture investments, some will continue with iNET for the long haul. Gabriel Murphy, iNET’s founder, and myself have committed to a long term consulting and advisory role with Troy.

We anticipate there will be numerous questions with this announcement. As such, Troy and I will make ourselves available for an IRC chat today, Friday November 11, from 4:00 pm Eastern until 5:00 pm Eastern. You can join us at http://www.inetirc.com in the #INET channel during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Elledge
    .....First, Troy and I want to assure you that he does not plan any immediate changes...
    Thats a real shame that the new owner doesn't plan any immediate changes. We have all seen problems over the last few months which IMHV require urgent action.

Maybe it will be a 'good' thing that the ownership has changed - if the new owners do take a more proactive stance in terms of running this site then perhaps we all could echo Ryan's delight on the change of ownership.
    Last edited by healdem; 11-11-05 at 14:09. Reason: The usual: shpellin mishtakes

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Elledge
    and changes that do occur in the future will be discussed with community leaders and members in advance.
    Like as always has been done in the past?

You've got to be kidding.

So long and good luck. You have done absolutley zero here.

You obviously have know there have been problems and have done nothing to correct them. It's not like you have alot of moderators or admins, yet you have made zero attempts at communicating with them.

It's funny that you post a sticky directly over a sticky with complaints.....just ironic...good luck
    Last edited by Brett Kaiser; 11-15-05 at 14:10.
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Cannot Contact admin!

Hi

I need to contact the admin of dbforums, ASAP, but I cannot get in touch. All email sent get thrown back as undeliverable.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbob
    Hi

I need to contact the admin of dbforums, ASAP, but I cannot get in touch. All email sent get thrown back as undeliverable.

Can you help me?

Thanks
    Here you go admin mail
    Last edited by DakDarie; 02-14-06 at 08:21.

I thinik dbob posted when there was a problem with the address.
    Have a community? Have questions?