Unanswered: Character legnth

I am a newb when it comes to MS Access, I am teaching myself how to use it by creating a db for problem tracking and resolution. I did everything ok, but I to have the character legnt to be unlimited or that max that I can get. Right now I only can get 255 and I need more. Is there a way to change this? If so can you give me easy instructions on changing this? Like I said I am a newb to MS access. Thanks.

Here is the one I am working on, I need to have the boxes that say problem and resolution to have unlimited character also when typing step by step procedures in those boxes, when I hit enter to got to another line it goes to a new entry.
    example.
    if I want to create a list
    1. do this (enter)
    2. do that

I cant. Can I change this also?

Thanks again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails access.jpg  

The Text type field in a table has a max of 255 characters. The Memo type has a max limit of 64K ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Quote Originally Posted by M Owen
    The Text type field in a table has a max of 255 characters. The Memo type has a max limit of 64K ...
    Great thanks. Now for mmy other problem, On the bottom box where the resolutions are to be typed, how can I get it to enter data like word? What I mean is, when I enter something there I cant hit enter to go to another line, it goes to a new entry (like the tab key). Also if I have several lines of text and I want to chenge the font on one line it will do it. I dont want this. Is there a way so I can just enter data?... Do you know what I mean?
    Last edited by sixbangstang; 11-12-05 at 12:50.

linefeeds:
    design view
    click your memo box
    properties
    other
    enter key behaviour: new line.
    fixed!

fonts and other formatting: in general, forget it!
    A is a database (or data-aware frontend depending on your point of view)
    A is not a word processor.
    for the perverse/obtuse/determined there are workarounds: rich-text controls; Word DOCs; etc. try google.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Quote Originally Posted by izyrider
    linefeeds:
    design view
    click your memo box
    properties
    other
    enter key behaviour: new line.
    fixed!

fonts and other formatting: in general, forget it!
    A is a database (or data-aware frontend depending on your point of view)
    A is not a word processor.
    for the perverse/obtuse/determined there are workarounds: rich-text controls; Word DOCs; etc. try google.

izy
    BEWARE: When you do this, the enter is completely captured. You have to MANUALLY set the focus outside the text control (i.e. like use the mouse to click on another control) ... You can use the <Ctrl><Enter> key sequence to put new lines in a text control ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...