Thread: yes/no boxes

Unanswered: yes/no boxes

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with yes/no boxes. I have a form that I'm using yes/no boxes to list different descriptions, I want my report to not list all the yes/no boxes only the ones that have been checked. I might have three or four descriptions that would need to be listed in one field. Is there a way I can have my report show those?

Check boxes

There's 2 ways I can think of off-hand to do this: 1 way would be to edit the Record Source of the report and put in criteria under the CheckBoxFieldName column to only = true (which will only show you records where this field = True) or 2. if you want to show all the records, add in some code in the On_Format event of that section which sets the CheckBoxFieldName to visible if it = true or visible = false if the value = False.

Others might have some other ideas.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Provided Answers: 59
    agree with Paul

in you reports 'on format' event place soem code to ake the controls visible

mycontrol1.visible=mycontrol1.value
    mycontrol2.visible=mycontrol2.value
    mycontrol3.visible=mycontrol3.value
    assuming that the name of the controls on the report are mycontrol1, mycontrol2, mycontrol3, anbd that you have bound them to the the relvant yes / no columns in your data set

if you want to inhibit printing then you can cancel the printing of the detail (ie the entire row set the cancel=true in 'on format')
    if you bind the control to the dtaa