Question Unanswered: Need to verify Windows OS for postgres

The postgresql site FAQ's state that postgresql is supported by Windows 2000, XP, and 2003. I am using XP pro and have not had any problems. I am worried about 2000, 2003, and XP home. Will postgresql install and run on these OS's? I am especially interested in XP home as some customers already use this and I would hate to tell them that they need to upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

Provided Answers: 12
    I'm happily running 8.1 on a Windows 2000 box. Not as a server with high load though.

Regarding Windows XP Home, I've seen no comments on the PostgreSQL general mail list nor in the PostgreSQL documentation indicating this is a problem. I'm aware of no issues specific to Windows XP Home versus Professional that should raise any problems. PostgreSQL does require NTFS file system on Windows. The PostgreSQL folks are pretty good about documenting issues, so if there was a problem with XP Home, an appropriate disclaimer would likely be mentioned. There have been some general minor glitches in the Windows port but these appear to be addressed in PostgreSQL 8.1. Finally, if you have a client-server configuration, client OS compatibility wouldn't be an issue.

Hope that helps. I run PostgreSQL on Windows XP Professional with no problems at all.