Question Unanswered: Create Own Form Style

Hoi,

Is it possible to created your own style sheet for a form?

When i run the wizard to create a form in Access, it's possible to choose some standard templates. Is it possible to create my own template?

greetings
    Koen

I take it you mean with different font sizes, text box sizes and position, etc. etc.
    In the database window, click on forms then new. Choose form wizard then select the table you wish to base your form on. The wizard will create your form in tabular form. Go into form design. From there you can change the layout, size, font and colour. The choice is yours.

David

Quote Originally Posted by DJN
    From there you can change the layout, size, font and colour. The choice is yours.
    I think that after doing that, Koen wants to save this style to a template, so that he doesn't have to go through the same motions for every control on every form.

I don't know if that's possible. It would be very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by ivon
    I think that after doing that, Koen wants to save this style to a template, so that he doesn't have to go through the same motions for every control on every form.
    Indeed, That is what I want to reach.

Provided Answers: 59
    I'm not aware of the ability to define your own template, but you could fake it by creating a blank form, make the settings as required and then save it. You may need to create an example of each control with the releavnt formatting settings. When you want to use that template copy it as another and then apply your changes. it does mean that you can't use the form wizards to create new forms, and copy controls as required within the form. But I don't really think thats a major handicap. All they do is provide an intial setting wehihc you thne play about with to get the form layout you want.

Another route to get the same effect may be to have a function in a common module which provides all the settings, when a form first loads, run the function then save the form. You will need to iterate through the forms controls collection and set properties as required.

In both cases it seems a lot of work for potentailly very little reward.

Nobody an idee?

:s

It's a real shortcoming of Access.

greetings
    Koen

Provided Answers: 19
    I understand that Access does allow this. You may use any form/report as a template. For a general one, you just design a form/report to only be used as a template. Then go to Tools -> Options -> Forms/Report and type in the name of this form in the appropriate box (Form or Report) This then is the template the Wizard will use for your db.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007