I have a problem with a three tier environment with PS. we made the change
to the db2cli.ini disableunicode=1 file on the client end and on the mid tier server and we are still failing with
PSAPPSRV.100630 [10/21/05 15:26:43](1) GenMessageBox(200, 0, M): SQL Access Manager: SQL error. Stmt #: 2 Error Position: 0 Return: 8600 - [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "819" to the target code page "UNKNOWN". Reason Code "1". SQLSTATE=57017 (SQLSTATE 57017) -332 PSAPPSRV.100630 [10/21/05 15:26:43](1) GenMessageBox(0, 0, M)
This issue was resolved at the two tier level by adding disableunicode=1
but does not seems to work for the three tier.
Hi Wangzhonnew, I tried your sugestion and it still does not work for us.
I'm not sure how to display the code page setting under connect to verify
what we actually have the setting. Thanks for suggestion and will listen to any other advice.
We have performed a trace and it seems the conversion table causing problems is 1200, the trace at the unix mid tier level shows.
( DBMS NAME="DB2", Version="07.01.0002", Fixpack="0x32030105" )
( Application Codepage=819, Database Codepage=1047, Char Send/Recv Codepage=819, Graphic Send/Recv Codepage=1200 )
the error is
GenMessageBox(200, 0, M): /local_home/build81/pt82106a-retail/src/pssys/stmget.cpp: SQL error. Stmt #: 2546 Error Position: 0 Return: 8601 - [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2] SQL0332N There is no available conversion for the source code page "1047" to the target code page "1200". Reason Code "".
(SQLSTATE ) -332
PSAPPSRV.856126 [11/14/05 11:21:43](1) GenMessageBox(200, 0, M): SQL Access Manager: SELECT OWNERID FROM PS.PSDBOWNER WHERE DBNAME = :1
PSAPPSRV.856126 [11/14/05 11:21:43](1) GenMessageBox(0, 0, M): Database Signon: Could not sign on to database PS80DEV with user APPSRVID.
Not sure why the 1200 is coming into play because its for graphics and for our select there is no graphics involved.
We have a resolution to this issue. The codepage table sent for UDB connect Version 8.1 on the AIX server did not support codepage 1047 to 1200 translation.
IBM sent a new table with the support for this combination to install and this resolved our problem.