Unanswered: can't delete the data

It happens again, i have sql server database, i created access as front end. I have query, but i can't delete the data, only have to go to the sql server then delete the data.

Another question, i have a access database that is zip file, when i unzip, and open this, it is readonly, can't modify the table.

Thanks for your help.

i have sql server database, i created access as front end. I have query, but i can't delete the data
    couple of possible things:
    1. The query may not allow deletions the way it is written.
    2. The front end may not have the appropiate rights to delete data in the SQL Server.

Create the tables in Access and populate with some sample data and try the query there. This will tell you if it is SQL Server preventing it or a bum query in Access that is the problem.

open this, it is readonly, can't modify the table
    What version Access are you running and what version was the original file created in? When Access opens an older version the first time, it will ask you if you want to convert it. It doesn't ask again, but if you don't convert it, you can't modify it.

Another possibility for Question #2 is, if you copied it from a CD then the file itself is readonly. Right click the MDB and choose Properties, then check the Attributes to make sure it is not Read-only.

Thank you all, i got it work.

Provided Answers: 1
    tsk tsk!

You know you have to let us in on what the issue was...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I found out i can delete the data in table. But i can't delete the data from query. In the beginning, i tried to delete the data from query. Thanks. If you know why, please let me know. But it is ok to me now.

It is probably because the the query is not updateable. When you combine multiple tables in a query or group by the query becomes 'not updateable'. This is because Access cannot figure out how the query row relates to the table row that is being modified. A few thigns that might help, first set up relationships. Tell Access how the tables relate to each other. Another thing you can do is if you are joining tables, choose only fields from one table (if possible). So for example if you join on the OrderID field (just an example) and you choose some fields from the Order Detail table, then choose the OrderID from the Order Detail table as well and not the Order table.

I understand.This query is bason on 5 tables. But i do have set up the relationship. Let me try to add orderID in detail table.