Thread: ASP and Excel

Unanswered: ASP and Excel

Hi Everybody,

I have requirement where I need to open an existing Excel file (using ASP) on the Internet browser, there are 4 sheets in that file and one of them contains Pivot tables

I want to populate the first sheet with table values in SQL Server, depending on the users requirement and depending on this the pivot table values change. Can you help me . I tried using opentextfile with Excel but it didn’t seem to work fine. Is there any COM component that can be used.

Regards,
    Madhuri

Quote Originally Posted by ymadhuri
    Hi Everybody,

I have requirement where I need to open an existing Excel file (using ASP) on the Internet browser, there are 4 sheets in that file and one of them contains Pivot tables

I want to populate the first sheet with table values in SQL Server, depending on the users requirement and depending on this the pivot table values change. Can you help me . I tried using opentextfile with Excel but it didn’t seem to work fine. Is there any COM component that can be used.

Regards,
    Madhuri
    This should help you. Go here and click ACTIVE SERVER TUTORIAL on the left panel then on the right panel select "Display an Excel Spreadsheet in ASP"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...sdn_aspfaq.asp
    Last edited by fredservillon; 11-22-05 at 12:24.