Question Unanswered: Access/SQL Linked Tables

I have linked a number of tables from a SQL database to a Access front end. I am able to update all but one of the tables (the main table I need!!!). I get the error, cannot update record as it has been changed by another user although there is no other user. I believe it may be to do with the way the recordset is linked to the access database or the referential integrity of the table associations in the SQL database.

I can change the data using query analyser without issue.

Any help would be greatfully apreciated.

Provided Answers: 1
    Are you changing the data through a form?
    Can you change the data by opening up the linked table?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

I am using a form but cannot change the data in that or the linked table. The only place I have successfully changed data is through QM or directly in SQL server.

Provided Answers: 1
    Try dropping and recreating your table link. Verify permissions on your database table.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

I had this problem a while ago. Make sure that table has no triggers associated with it. This is very important. Are you using Access front end and linked SQL server tables, or is it a .ADP (Access Data Project)? If its not, you might want to look into upsizing and making it a .ADP file

Okay, have checked all of the tables and there are no apparent triggers that I can see. I have removed and re-linked the table and also removed the properties to update referential integrity on the SQL database but still no luck. I am now looking into upsizing the database to an access data project. Although I am not sure how the linked tables will differ with this.

I presume you specified a PK\ unique constraint in the BE or, if not, a candidate key when linking?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Guy's, I have solved the problem by adding a timestamp field to the BE table and re-attaching to the FE.

Thanx for all your help