Unanswered: [OT] User-Defined string Functions Transact-SQL

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am pleased to offer, free of charge, the following string functions Transact-SQL:

AT(): Returns the beginning numeric position of the nth occurrence of a character expression within another character expression, counting from the leftmost character.
    RAT(): Returns the numeric position of the last (rightmost) occurrence of a character string within another character string.
    OCCURS(): Returns the number of times a character expression occurs within another character expression (including overlaps).
    OCCURS2(): Returns the number of times a character expression occurs within another character expression (excluding overlaps).
    PADL(): Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the left side.
    PADR(): Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the right side.
    PADC(): Returns a string from an expression, padded with spaces or characters to a specified length on the both sides.
    CHRTRAN(): Replaces each character in a character expression that matches a character in a second character expression with the corresponding character in a third character expression.
    STRTRAN(): Searches a character expression for occurrences of a second character expression, and then replaces each occurrence with a third character expression. Unlike a built-in function Replace, STRTRAN has three additional parameters.
    STRFILTER(): Removes all characters from a string except those specified.
    GETWORDCOUNT(): Counts the words in a string.
    GETWORDNUM(): Returns a specified word from a string.
    GETALLWORDS(): Inserts the words from a string into the table.
    PROPER(): Returns from a character expression a string capitalized as appropriate for proper names.
    RCHARINDEX(): Similar to the Transact-SQL function Charindex, with a Right search.
    ARABTOROMAN(): Returns the character Roman numeral equivalent of a specified numeric expression (from 1 to 3999).
    ROMANTOARAB(): Returns the number equivalent of a specified character Roman numeral expression (from I to MMMCMXCIX).

AT, PADL, PADR, CHRTRAN, PROPER: Similar to the Oracle functions PL/SQL INSTR, LPAD, RPAD, TRANSLATE, INITCAP.

Plus, there are CHM files in English, French, Spanish, German and Russian.

More than 6000 people have already downloaded my functions. I hope you will find them useful as well.

For more information about string UDFs Transact-SQL please visit the
    http://www.universalthread.com/wconn...~2,54,33,27115

Please, download the file
    http://www.universalthread.com/wconn...reme~2,2,27115

With the best regards.

DON'T LOOK AT THE LIGHT!

If you give me a cheesburger today, I'll gladly pay you next Thursday
    Last edited by Brett Kaiser; 11-18-05 at 13:24.
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Provided Answers: 1
    Didn't this guy post before under a different name, and get his code ripped apart?
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Same name, different forum, same ineffecient code

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=54333
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.