Thread: occi help

Unanswered: occi help

hi,
    i'm using oracle 9iR2(9.2.0.4.0),x86 machine and redhat linux AS3.0 with gcc 3
    i want to use occi and for the first time i tried for one of its demos available with oracle client installed on my machine.
    when i compiled it using following command :
    make -f demo_rdbms.mk buildocci EXE=occidml OBJS=occidml.o[/B]the errors generated were:
    /usr/bin/g++ -c -I/home/oracle/OraHome/rdbms/demo -I/home/oracle/OraHome/rdbms/public -I/home/o
    racle/OraHome/plsql/public -I/home/oracle/OraHome/network/public occidml.cpp
    /usr/bin/g++ -L/home/oracle/OraHome/lib/ -L/home/oracle/OraHome/rdbms/lib/ -o occidml occidml.o
    -locci -lclntsh `cat /home/oracle/OraHome/lib/sysliblist` -ldl -lm
    occidml.o(.gcc_except_table+0x100): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle::occi::SQLException'
    occidml.o(.gcc_except_table+0x150): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle::occi::SQLException'
    occidml.o(.gcc_except_table+0x1a8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle::occi::SQLException'
    occidml.o(.gcc_except_table+0x200): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle::occi::SQLException'
    occidml.o(.gcc_except_table+0x25c): undefined reference to `typeinfo for oracle::occi::SQLException'
    occidml.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7occidmlC1ESsSsSs+0x2 0): In function `occidml::occidml[in-charge](std::basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >,
    std::basic_string<char,
    std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>
    , std::allocator<char> >)':
    : undefined reference to `oracle::occi::Environment::createEnvironment(orac le::occi::Environment::Mode, void*, void* (*)(void*, unsigned), void* (*)(void*, void*, unsigned), void (*)(void*,void*))'
    occidml.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7occidmlD1Ev+0x2e): In function `occidml::~occidml [in-charge]()':
    : undefined reference to `oracle::occi::Environment::terminateEnvironment(o racle::occi::Environ
    ment*)'
    occidml.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7occidml10insertBindE iSs+0x1cf): In function `occidml::insertBind(
    int, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)':
    : undefined reference to `oracle::occi::SQLException::SQLException[in-charge](oracle::occi::SQL
    Exception const&)'
    occidml.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZN7occidml10insertBindE iSs+0x20f): In function `occidml::insertBind(
    and balabala...
    at end
    make: *** [buildocci] Error 1
    now can anyone help me here plz
    Regards.

I don't know if it is the only cause, but at least one : gcc 3 is NOT supported with 9i R2. OCCI is compatible with gcc 3.2 since 10.1.0.2.0 with an additional "patch" (only 2.96.128 without it) and "natively" supported since 10.1.0.4.0.

However, AFAIK, 9iR2 OCCI is only supported with gcc 2.95.3 (also true for g++), so you'll have to find an older compiler and try again.

Yes I know Oracle is not very quick when it comes to supporting new compilers.

HTH & Regards,

RBARAER
    Last edited by RBARAER; 11-22-05 at 08:47.
    ORA-000TK : No bind variable detected... Shared Pool Alert code 5 - Nuclear query ready .

Thanx a lot.