A large Computech client is in need of an experienced Sybase DBA. This position includes support of all aspects of the Sybase relational database product (ASE) versions 11.9 and 12.5 on HP and SUN Unix platforms.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- On-call during the core business day
- Database monitoring
- Database performance and tuning
- Responding to trouble calls
- Backup and recovery
- Maintaining security in the institution's Sybase environments
- Experience with replication server in a warm standby configuration
Additional Tasks that may be included:
- capacity planning, installation
- writing administrative scripts in Unix shell languages and SQL
The selected candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are also required. Must be a motivated self-starter and able to work alone, yet be a strong technical contributor to the team.