Unanswered: Form breaks when it ismade a subform

I made a form works great. it has a combo box that selects a record from a table. I have two listboxes that are populated/filtered by the record that is selected. When I place this form on a tab form/control the listboxes no longer see the bound column of the combo box. What am I doing wrong. The list boxes are fed by 2 different queries which use a criteria of [Forms]![RaceNights]![Combo13] for the RaceID. Is my problem due to me not identifying the value correctly because it is now a subform? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Provided Answers: 6
    Correct method of referring to the subform here:

http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm
    Paul

Thanks, I was afraid that was the case. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It just does not make sense to me though that if it works as a form it should work as a subform. Oh well. I'm pushing the "I believe" button. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks,
    Steve

Ok so I could not wait. Yep needed that reference to the parent form.

Thanks
    Steve

P.S The trick was finding all the places that I had referenced the sub in the queries and row source.

Ok I see myself running into this again as forms get nested. Is there a way to dynamically keep the criteria updated. so as I nest these forms I don't have to go back and add the new parent to the criteria and so that when I run the form by itself it does not appear to be broken because it has an extra parent in the criteria.

Thanks,
    Steve