Question Unanswered: Notes SQL DTS Connection

Greetings

I am attempting to set up a DTS package for transferring user information from a Lotus Domino server into the MS-SQL2K backend server in my web application.

My problem lies with creating the innitial connection item in the DTS package designer.

My actions:
    Connection -> Lotus NotesSQL Driver (*.nsf) -> Data Source (Same) -> User/System DSN (LNotesNames)

I have tested this DSN by setting up a Linked Server in SQL Server and I can browse the tables and views in the Domino server through there.

When I press "OK" on the Connection Properties dialog I get the following error:
    Package Error
    HResult of 0x80004005(-2147467259) returned
    Unexpected error occurred. An error result was returned without an error message.

The event viewer shows no error concurrent with this event. I have Lotus Notes client installed on the same system as the SQL Server.

I am wondering if anyone has had similar problems and perhaps resolved them, or if there are other resolutions available to me. I do not have development access to the Domino server, and such is not forthcoming, so I am limited to what I can pull out with client means.

Best regards
    Klumhru

Provided Answers: 54
    Some versions of the Notes ODBC driver will do that if the Notes client is not running on the SQL Server machine. The client doesn't need to be logged into Domino/Notes, it just needs to be running.

If this is the case, you can either arrange to have the client running on your server, but this is a pain and sometimes a security risk. You can also find a slightly newer/older client that otherwise meets your needs but doesn't have that requirement.

-PatP

Thanks

Running the LN Client sadly does not solve the problem. I am running NotesSQL version 3.02g. Is there another driver version that would be better perhaps?

Using the DSN in a C++ app, using OdbcConnection works just fine, so I might just end up writing an app and at-ing it.