Unanswered: Grouping & sorting

Is it possible to group by one criteria and sort by another? I have a table of customers and their invoices with the dates. I would like to put them on a report
    grouped by the customers, with the oldest invoices first. In other words, I want to group all of the invoices for a customer together but instead of sorting by name I would like to have the customer with the oldest invoice listed first, the second oldest second, etc.

Provided Answers: 1
    Add an additional grouping level in the report without headers or footers. This "ghost" grouping level will effectively provide sorting.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

That is how I have it now. That sorts by "customer" alphabetically then by "invoice age" within each customer. I would like to sort the customers by who has the oldest invoice but still keep all of that customers invoices together under the customer header. If I put "customer" first in the heirarchy, it sorts alphabetically. If I put "age" first in the heirarchy and still leave "group header" only on "customer" it ungroups the customer's invoices. I am not that proficient with Access and need the "newbie" walk-through.

Wait a sec, you want to show the customers according to who has the OVERALL oldest invoices, but still include all of the invoices for the customer? If that's the case, you may be best off pulling only the oldest invoice for each customer into your report, then use a subreport to list the remaining invoices for the customer.

That was the ticket.! Thanks!

WOOHOO! It turns out I know a thing or two afterall... Mrs. Teddy has been wrong all along!

edit: ehhhh... don't tell her I said that...