Unanswered: How do you programmatically change the connection of an ADP file

I have this ADP project that I just finished building. It has a SQL server MSDE back end (Windows Authentication). I got done with development about 2 weeks ago. I now need to create an Installation Package (.MSI file) to install my ADP project.

The Installation Package which I just finished developing, using Visual Studio.NET 2003 installs MSDE, builds the database and sets up replication for the user on his/her local laptop. It also places the .ADP file on the users desktop. Once installed the user will now be able to launch the Access .ADP file and use the application.

The problem I have is this: I would like for the installation package to programmatically change the connection parameters of the ADP file before the user opens it, so that they won't have to manually do so when the open the file. Thes users are not computer savvy at all, and frankly we don't trust them to do the right thing as they are in remote parts of the world. There are only two connection parameters ("Server Name" and "Database")

Can I apply VB code from .NET to do it whilst the package is loading? What are my options. Thanks in advance for your help..................

Provided Answers: 1
    How about providing a config file for access to load the first time it runs and perform the configuration itself?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

How would I do that? Just create a text file with some text (for the config file) and then have access load that?

How would I have Access load it. Do I add stuff to the On load event for the first form that props up? do you mind giving me a little more detail?

Teddy,

I found this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306881

but I am not sure how it helps me. My Access project uses Windows Authentication to connect to SQL Server. Is there a way for me to utilize this script?