Unanswered: Database design help

Hi Guys

My first post, so here goes.

I am designing a cms, but before I do that I,m concentrating on the ums - user management, now, I have designed what I think to be a good table structure but I thought I would post here for everyone to look at, and hopefully give advice.

Here it is

http://www.syl.eclipse.co.uk/images/database.jpg

Now, what do you think?

I,ll explain it a little, firstly there is the module table, this will list every unique aspect of the site, i.e contact, news, tutorials etc etc.

Then a permissions table, i.e view, edit, delete etc, I thought this would be good, otherwise I would have to create a sub module table, and create a sub module for each permission, now seeing as most modules will be using the same basic set of permissions, its easier this way.

Does the module_has_permissions table look ok to everyone? you,ll notice there is a PK called module-has_permission_id and two FK's which have also been incorporated into a unique index. Is this the correct to achieve what I want, which is this...

Modules can have any number of permissions, but a group can only be given a permission if it already exists.

If anyone can offer advice, alternate way of doing the same or thinks what I have is good, then please fell to comment.

Thanks

Elitachi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails database.jpg  

I think you would be better putting this question is the Database Concepts & Design forum.

Hi

Yeah sorry about that, if someone could move it, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Elitachi