Talking Unanswered:

Hi,

I see that Version 5 of MySQL 5 is now available and I would like to ask, is there any specific file I need to choose from the list below?
    I currently have MySQL 4.0.25 installed and I don't have any databases so I could easily remove the version and begin using version 5 as recommended here.

Windows (x86) 5.0.16 33.6M
    Windows Essentials (x86) 5.0.16 16.8M
    Without installer (unzip in C:\) 5.0.16 35.3M

I am using Windows XP and was wondering if I download all of the windows available files above? Or should I just stay with MySQL 4.0.25?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Regards
    MySQL Newbie
    Last edited by connordrew; 11-25-05 at 08:12.

Is this a complexed question?

They're all essentially the same. Your best bet is to go with the first one (33.6m) as it will be the easiest to install and will include all of the features.

Thanx JFulton,

I will download the first option this evening and install version 5. Can I ask if the .exe installation file would be located there as I downloaded

Without installer (unzip in C:\) 5.0.16 35.3M[/B]

version and noticed that there was no installation files.

Many thanx JFulton

I believe with the version you have now, you just need to unzip it to a certain folder. (But I could be wrong...there should be a README file or something in there.)

The other version will probably include a windows installer (*.msi).

Hi JFulton,

Well I uninstalled MySql 4.0.25 successfully and downloaded the file. It says tha u should download to c:\ and I would never allow that directly to C. I created a folder and when unzipped, no exe files where found.

hi JFulton

I have downloaded and installed MySql 5.0, I also downloaded ODBC 5 and now I have to explore how to get MySql talk to Visual basic via ado.

many thanx