Lightbulb Unanswered: Analyze a set of rows

I just taught myself access (at least I think I did). Ihave downloaded thousands of records I want to make some decisions on and calculate business days. I believe I have the business day calculation down pretty well. Here is my issue.

For one account number as a rule I have one request code and on done code each having a date. I will need to calculate the business days between them. That is pretty easy. However, I have this condition on hundreds to thousands of records. Two request codes and one done code. (I need to calculate the time between the first request code and the done code and I need to mark the second request code as a deviation. One request code and two done codes, I need to separately classify the second (alone) done code.

If it weren't gfor the fact that the duplicates represent 25% of the records I would just forget them but they are an important part of the process I am analyzing

Quote Originally Posted by BigSarge
    I just taught myself access (at least I think I did). Ihave downloaded thousands of records I want to make some decisions on and calculate business days. I believe I have the business day calculation down pretty well. Here is my issue.

For one account number as a rule I have one request code and on done code each having a date. I will need to calculate the business days between them. That is pretty easy. However, I have this condition on hundreds to thousands of records. Two request codes and one done code. (I need to calculate the time between the first request code and the done code and I need to mark the second request code as a deviation. One request code and two done codes, I need to separately classify the second (alone) done code.

If it weren't gfor the fact that the duplicates represent 25% of the records I would just forget them but they are an important part of the process I am analyzing
    hey big sarge. Welcome to the forum.
    Could you post some table entries and some of your desired results
    ta
    Poots
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.