Exclamation Unanswered: Elow..im a newbie could i ask for help

Hi currently im a BSIT graduating student this coming MARCH 06 and im a newbie to mysql...iv got myself a problem
    1. I've got mysql4.1, myodbc 3.51.10, ems mysql manager 2.8.5.1, mysql administrator, mysql query browser but i don't know what are the uses of each
    2. I don't know how to connect this database to vb 6.0 enterprise edition. Could i ask for guidelines also simple add, edit, delete, update commands
    I chose mysql as my backend because my thesis work is an INVENTORY SYSTEM for a Hotel. MsAccess is good but i wanna try something different, a new kind of approach to databasing and i found out mysql

Hopefully you guys/ gals out there could help me out. This is for my thesis work due this coming February 06

Thanks a bunch.
    Liberifatale

1. I've got mysql4.1, myodbc 3.51.10, ems mysql manager 2.8.5.1, mysql administrator, mysql query browser but i don't know what are the uses of each
    MySQL --> The database program.
    MyODBC --> Allows programs to connect to MySQL.
    MySQL Administrator --> Diagnostics and administrative tasks for MySQL.
    MySQL Query Browser --> GUI for queries, etc.
    EMS MySQL Manager --> I believe is a 3rd party combination of MySQL Administrator and MySQL Query Browser.

2. I don't know how to connect this database to vb 6.0 enterprise edition. Could i ask for guidelines also simple add, edit, delete, update commands
    You may want to ask this question in a different forum.

tnx jfulton