Thread: close form

Unanswered: close form

I have a database custom made for me that loads a form when you open the database. The designer has set it so that it disables the toolbar and certain options, so that I cannot close the form and access the actual tables. I need to access these tables to get some very important data. Is there another way of of closing the forms and returning to design mode (like an F key shortcut or something)??

if the developer was worth paying - you can't!

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Provided Answers: 19
    The obvious answer is to contact the developer. I have to wonder, however, how the "very important information" got into the table, if it's not accessable thru the form!
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Quote Originally Posted by kplanet
    I have a database custom made for me that loads a form when you open the database. The designer has set it so that it disables the toolbar and certain options, so that I cannot close the form and access the actual tables. I need to access these tables to get some very important data. Is there another way of of closing the forms and returning to design mode (like an F key shortcut or something)??
    If you know where the database is located or if you can copy the *.mdb file to a computer where you have admnistrative permission. I can tell you how to read the data using your internet browser. And you don't have to tell the developer that you can do it.

Hold shift down when you open the file (not the shortcut).

Steve