Red face Unanswered: mysql select error

hi guys,

i get this sql select

SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT EntrantsEpost) AS Expr1 FROM ENTRIES WHERE (EntrantsEpost IN (SELECT EntrantsEpost FROM ENTRIES WHERE RightOrWrong = 1 GROUP BY EntrantsEpost HAVING COUNT(*) = 24))

to work correctly on mssql 2000, but i just get the following error in mysql

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.26-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT EntrantsEpost FROM ENTRIES WHERE RightOrWrong = 1 GROUP

but i don'tsee the error. does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

marz

Quote Originally Posted by marzipan
    SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT EntrantsEpost) AS Expr1 FROM ENTRIES WHERE (EntrantsEpost IN (SELECT EntrantsEpost FROM ENTRIES WHERE RightOrWrong = 1 GROUP BY EntrantsEpost HAVING COUNT(*) = 24))

to work correctly on mssql 2000, but i just get the following error in mysql

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.26-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT EntrantsEpost FROM ENTRIES WHERE RightOrWrong = 1 GROUP

but i don'tsee the error.
    MySQL 4.0.26 does not support subqueries.

--
    felix

Red face

hi felix,

is there no other way around this? there are around 50 sql selects in the site and they all feature sub queries and i don't know where to start to convert them.

...i'm a bit worried now. i guess its fair to say

Marz

Quote Originally Posted by marzipan
    is there no other way around this?
    If you don't want to rewrite your queries, the only way is to upgrade to at least MySQL 4.1

--
    felix

thanks felix.

i think we'll need to upgrade.

thanks for helping me out today,....i thought i was going a bit crazy!

Marz