Unanswered: Renumber pages on report based on a header.

I have a header in my report called Branch. When the report runs I have 14 pages. The pages are numbered Page 1 of 14, Page 2 of 14 ...

I would like the page numbers to start over at page 1 every time there's a new branch header and to show how many pages there are for that branch. That way when I fax each branch their own pages, they won't get confused by the page numbering.

(I have it so when there's a new branch, it starts a new page so no branches are on the same page together.)

Is this possible?

Using Access 2000

Provided Answers: 1
    No, not really. Access has no way of knowing how many pages are going to be associated with each branch, so you can't physically ask it to say "page x of y". You could trick access and use a subreport for your main contents...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Ok. Thanks for your advice, it's really appreciated.

Provided Answers: 59
    Agree with Teddy, except can you use your reports without the "of xx" or your page number.

However you do have a page header event format & print events So with a bit of carefull coding you should be able to reset your page numbers on each section by forcing a new page on change or branch. You will have to do your own page numbering

HTH