Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Date Range Help

Unanswered: Date Range Help

I am working on a database that someone else wrote. I am trying to get the start and end date from the database using three tables. I have used criteria Between [StartDate] And [EndDate] then I chose Parameters Date/time. But no luck! The database works fine when I retrive date using calender, the calender only let me pick one day at time. but when I use parameters to get date range I get nothing. I have the follwowing fields DateCreated, DateAdmitted, and DATERECEIVED. Any Idea?
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 59
    Hi Mark
    it might make it easier for others if you include the actual SQL you have tried aswell as the narrative

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

Try to include your date between # and #
    i.e

SELECT * From yourTable Where birthday between #05.03.1970# And #05.01.1970# #05.31.1970#

Gets the people born between May the first and the thirty first

use query design grid to define the date range expression under the column of your desire....eg if you want to display date range for DATE CREATED field then you have to define it under DateCreated column....

use query design grid to define the date range expression under the column of your desire....eg if you want to display date range for DATE CREATED field then you have to define it under DateCreated column....

Thanks guys for the help, But still no luck yet. below is the code I am using I have access 2000.

PARAMETERS StartDate DateTime, EndDate DateTime;
    SELECT DISTINCT dbo_DIARYLOG.USERID, dbo_CLAIM.PHYSID, dbo_PROVIDERS.LASTNAME, dbo_CLAIM.CURRENTQ, Format([DIARYDATE],"mm/dd/yyyy") AS FinishedDate, dbo_DIARYLOG.ITEM, dbo_CLAIM.CSSNUM, dbo_CLAIM.INUSEBY, dbo_DIARYLOG.DIARYDATE
    FROM (dbo_DIARYLOG INNER JOIN dbo_CLAIM ON dbo_DIARYLOG.CSSNUM = dbo_CLAIM.CSSNUM) INNER JOIN dbo_PROVIDERS ON dbo_CLAIM.PHYSID = dbo_PROVIDERS.PHYSID
    WHERE (((dbo_DIARYLOG.USERID)=[forms]![reports Form].[cbo_user]) AND ((Format([DIARYDATE],"mm/dd/yyyy"))=[forms]![reports Form].[reportdate]) AND ((dbo_DIARYLOG.ITEM) Like '*post*' Or (dbo_DIARYLOG.ITEM) Like '*paperpro*') AND ((dbo_DIARYLOG.DIARYDATE) Between [StartDate] And [EndDate]))
    ORDER BY dbo_CLAIM.PHYSID;

Does it work WITHOUT the date range criteria?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Dates

I attached a small reporting program we use which uses the date criteria for a report. Maybe there's something in it which might help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Yes, It does when I use calender for a specific day. Say 11/21/2005. It works but when i use parameters to get day range I get nothing.
    I am trying to get date range for a me so that I can audit the end user. However, I can audit the end user "finished claims" on per day only. But I would like this in a date range so I can audit the end user say weeks, days or months. below is the sql view for you to look at. I have the following fields admitted. created, card recived, reviewed, and claim finished.
    Thanks for the help.

PARAMETERS StartDate DateTime, EndDate DateTime;
    SELECT DISTINCT dbo_DIARYLOG.USERID, dbo_CLAIM.PHYSID, dbo_PROVIDERS.LASTNAME, dbo_CLAIM.CURRENTQ, Format([DIARYDATE],"mm/dd/yyyy") AS FinishedDate, dbo_DIARYLOG.ITEM, dbo_CLAIM.CSSNUM, dbo_CLAIM.INUSEBY, dbo_DIARYLOG.DIARYDATE
    FROM (dbo_DIARYLOG INNER JOIN dbo_CLAIM ON dbo_DIARYLOG.CSSNUM = dbo_CLAIM.CSSNUM) INNER JOIN dbo_PROVIDERS ON dbo_CLAIM.PHYSID = dbo_PROVIDERS.PHYSID
    WHERE (((dbo_DIARYLOG.USERID)=[forms]![reports Form].[cbo_user]) AND ((Format([DIARYDATE],"mm/dd/yyyy"))=[forms]![reports Form].[reportdate]) AND ((dbo_DIARYLOG.ITEM) Like '*post*' Or (dbo_DIARYLOG.ITEM) Like '*paperpro*') AND ((dbo_DIARYLOG.DIARYDATE) Between [StartDate] And [EndDate]))
    ORDER BY dbo_CLAIM.PHYSID;

Provided Answers: 59
    I think your problem may lie in the fact that you format the date - its no longer a date field in the row.

I'd also consider using Hambakka's suggetsion on bractketing your dates with the hash symbol "#"

HTH

I got it to work using Between [Forms]![Reports Form]![ReportStartMonth] And [Forms]![Reports Form]![ReportEndMonth] in "FinishedDate: Format([DIARYDATE],"mm/dd/yyyy")" criteria. But now I have another question. When I enter start date 11/21/2005 and end date 11/22/2005. I get not only these two days activity but I also get 11/22/2003 and 11/22/2002. Is there a way just to get specific days requested.
    thanks

(yourDate = targetDate OR yourDate = othertargetDate)

I have two text box start date and end date. Every is finally working except when I enter start date 11/21/2005 and end date 11/22/2005. I get not only these two days activity but I also get 11/21/2003 and 11/22/2002 activity.
    Thanks for Help!
    Last edited by markwaugh; 11-29-05 at 13:51.

You mentioned that... perhaps you should try my solution.

Sorry, Teddy, Ahh where and How do would I use this (yourDate = targetDate OR yourDate = othertargetDate). Sorry, I am a bit confused.
    thanks