Post Unanswered: File Information

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if you will be able to help me with a program I'm trying to create. Basically its a index of files I have that cannot be searched via a keyword in Windows such as Media files.

I would like to be able to have a browse option from which you could navigate to a file. From here I want the information to be recorded in a database to edit later. I would like to grab the location and the file name from this browse option. Is this possibly and if so can someone please advise on how.

Another similar option would be if I could drag a file onto the form and catch the same information but again, I'm not even sure if this is possible.

If someone could even provide me with suggestions on what they think might work i would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Use the DriveListBox, DirListBox, and the FileListBox objects in your design form and use the events, Click, or Change to grab the information and insert it into a text box to show the value. And then save the text value to a text field in your table.

you need the DriveListBox and the DirListBox to navigate to the FIleListBox
    and Your final event to get the file path and name would probably be

Private Sub File1_Click()
    Text1.Text = File1.Path
    End Sub
    Last edited by fredservillon; 11-28-05 at 23:08.