Unanswered: Delete Record option not available

I've got two forms. One in which I can add people, first name, last name. This works great. However if I want to delete the record (ie. I don't want this particular person in my database anymore) the delete record option is not available. The only way to delete the record is to go to the table itself, select the record and remove it. Is there a way I can pick a name via a dropdown box and then create a control button to delete this record? Even if the dropdown box isn't an option I'd like to be able to delete a record from a form.

KML

Provided Answers: 1
    Try this solution....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the tip

I saw how you were able to delete records via form view and was able to make mine work the same way. Is it possible to select a record from a drop down box (combo box) and delete it? This would be a little easier and faster than clicking through hundreds of records via the scroll bars.

Lightbulb

Here with combo Box....

Check this out

I looked at your combo box deletion but could not replicate. I noticed that you had some VB code written in the 'After Update' property. I tried to figure out the VB code but have absolutely no clue what it means. Attached is a copy of my db. What I would like is a way to delete records from 'Table1' via a combo box on my form 'DelName'.

Lightbulb

Here is the modified version of your form....

It deletes without warning, you can add a question for the user to confirm before deletion....