I have a view [IGORLAPTOP_nih_twinbrooks_3-sql_genSpecsAhu] that includes a join and "instead of insert" trigger.
I link this view to a table in MS Access database and provide its primary key ("Key" varchar(50) field, the rest of the fields being nullable).
I then attempt to append (insert) a new record from MS Access's datasheet view (yes, there is a blank line allowing me to do so), and it displays this error message:
"ODBC -- insert on a linked table 'genSpecsAhu' failed
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]INSERT failed because the following SET options have incorrect settings: 'ARITHABORT'. (#1934)"

I watch events within SQL profiler and see the following command:
exec sp_executesql N'INSERT INTO "dbo"."IGORLAPTOP_nih_twinbrooks_3-sql_genSpecsAhu" ("key") VALUES (@P1)', N'@P1 varchar(50)', 'eeee'

I run this command from Query Analyzer, and it works fine (the first SELECT returns one row and the second one returns two of them):

select * from [IGORLAPTOP_nih_twinbrooks_3-sql_genSpecsAhu]

exec sp_executesql N'INSERT INTO "dbo"."IGORLAPTOP_nih_twinbrooks_3-sql_genSpecsAhu" ("key") VALUES (@P1)', N'@P1 varchar(50)', 'eeee'

select * from [IGORLAPTOP_nih_twinbrooks_3-sql_genSpecsAhu]

Is there a way to tame MS Access (ODBC driver) so that it behaves as expected, i.e. does not prevent from data insertion?

Thanks,

--Igor