Question Unanswered: IIF Statement for null criteria

I have 3 combo boxes on a form that allow the user to select criteria to search for stock in my tblStock.

Supplier
    StockType
    StockCategory

They do not have to use all combo boxes, for example they could search using only supplier, or alternatively they could search for a particular stock type from a specific supplier.

I am using a query that takes its criteria from these combo boxes and pulls data from tblStock. I need to use an IIF statement in the criteria of the query so that if one of the combo boxes is left empty it ignores that particular field. The following isn't working, ANY IDEAS?

IIF([Forms]![frmMainMenu]![frmSearchManufacturer]![StockType] Is Null,"" [Forms]![frmMainMenu]![frmSearchManufacturer]![StockType)

Thanks
    John

Provided Answers: 1
    You're missing a comma after ""

You could use nz() too...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Set your combo boxes' SQL in VBA. For example, you might put in the Supplier's AfterUpdate event as follows:

Code:
        Me.StockCategory.RowSource = "SELECT * FROM TableName WHERE Me.Supplier = '" & Me.Supplier.Value & "'"

If Not IsNull(Me.StockType.Value) Then
            Me.StockCategory.RowSource = Me.StockCategory.RowSource & " And StockType = '" & Me.StockType.Value & "'"
        End If

Me.StockCategory.RowSource = Me.StockCategory.RowSource & ";"
    You can put similar code in the StockType's AfterUpdate event and/or the StockCategory's AfterUpdate event.

In the form's OnCurrent event, you will want to put the original SQL statement or Query name for each combo box's RowSource so that each user will get a clean combo box to work from.

HTH,

Sam