Unanswered: Can Data get lost???? HELP!

I have a large Access 2003 table with about 1.2 million records; it has only about 6 fields, none of which are memo type. Today we noticed that some records are missing. They were there in the table yesterday, but not today.

Provided Answers: 59
    not much you can do after the event, it is possible that (some of) your users have deleted data on the quiet.

If you run an audit log then you can find out how did what and when

if you design your forms & switchboard appropriately then you should be able to control who has access to your data and what actions they can do (ie users group X can eneter , but not delete data, group Y can change, but not add, group z can do what ever). I'd still want to run an audit log though.

Mind you at 1.2 million records its geting a bit of a handfull for Access isn't it.

Provided Answers: 1
    to paraphrase, healdem is saying it is far more likely that a user deleted the data then it simply being "lost", however it's possible.

I tend to agree.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Unhappy

Yeah, I would believe users error over lost data too, except users aren't allowed to delete from that table, unless they went through the back door. I know Access isn't meant for so many records, but the Access database was a "temporary" database that's been going for over two years. Just a few more weeks and it'll be moved out of Access.