Unanswered: Password Protect Report?

How do you put a password on a generated report that gets emailed that is in the .rtf format. so that everytime a report is generated from a query by a command button and using the send object to email this .rtf report. i want it to be password protected..

any ideas or help much appreciated.

luv ya
    xXXx

Hi Jessy

do you want the recipient to have to enter a password to view the report once they receive it (difficult) or do you want the operator emailing out the report to enter a password before they are able to (easy)?

luv you too
    xXXx
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Actually - if your reply is the former then the clear and obvious answer is don't email the report to anyone not authorised to view it.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

I want the recipient to have to enter a password to view the report once they receive it

Difficult one :'(

Hi Jessy - why send the report if the recipient may not acutally be able to open it? Why not keep a central store of potential recipients and their permissions to respective reports? Only send to those with the requisite permissions. Otherwise - you send a report to someone, they don't have the password, they call you, you say they aren't permitted to view the report and they ask why then did you send it in the first place?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump

Provided Answers: 1
    I suppose you could use word automation, I don't think .rtf supports native security.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Provided Answers: 59
    you could use a sledge hammer to crack a nut and send you report using some form of encryption

not sure what is available - CapiCom.dll was mentioned previously, other contenders could be PGP

HTH