Here are some steps for installing on DB2 8.1 on RH9 that I have used. This
might work on other RH versions also:
DB2-RH 9 Linux Installation Instructions
1. Install IBM Java 1.4.2 (or latest code) free from IBM website.
2. Set display (where host_name is your host)
xhost + host_name
3. Set Kernel for DB2 install only (not needed later)
4. Run ./db2setup
Install DB2 with an instance but DO NOT install Tools Catalog
6. Update java path (your path may be different depending on which Java you
install). This will point DB2 to the correct JDK for DB2 and Admin Server.
db2 update dbm cfg using jdk_path /opt/IBMJava2-142
db2 update admin cfg using jdk_path /opt/IBMJava2-142
7. You can now install Tools Catalog in you want one.
8. Update Linux parms
The default setting for the msgmni kernel parameter only allows a couple of simultaneous connections to DB2. To set this value at boot time, append the following lines to /etc/sysctl.conf:
# Sets maximum number of message queues to 128
# Set this to 1024 or higher on production systems kernel.msgmni = 128
9. Download and install FP10
M. A. Feldman
IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390